Master of Arts (M.A.) in Religious Education
This program is not accepting new students effective January 2011.
The objectives of the Master of Arts in Religious Education program is to produce students able to:
- A knowledge of the abilities and skills which enhance a wholesome teacher- student-parent relationship in working with students identified as at-risk readers in order to develop a case study;
- A knowledge of those skills necessary to recognize and accommodate for individual differences in literacy instruction;
- A knowledge of how to plan, supervise, and enhance programs as a reading consultant;
- A knowledge of and ability to demonstrate effective literacy instructional strategies;
- A knowledge of communicating information about literacy;
- A knowledge of the relationship of literacy skills to subject matter content areas;
- A knowledge of a broad range of children’s and adolescent’s literature and how to incorporate this literature into the classroom.
- A knowledge of how to effectively support and mentor educators and serve as a literacy leader.
The goal of this graduate program is to prepare teachers and administrators in the field of Christian Education. Applicants seeking to become involved as teachers and/or administrators in Bible Schools/Colleges, or in Christian schools, should pursue a graduate degree in Religious Education.
This program consists of thirty-seven credit hours of specific and independent studies. Pre-requisite: One year of Language (Biblical or modern or one year of language will be added to the program).
|CED||503||Teaching for Reconciliation||3 Credits|
|CED||602||School Business Administration||3 Credits|
|CED||604||Developmental School Counseling Programs: From Theory to Practice||3 Credits|
|CED||605||The Principalship||3 Credits|
|CED||606||Legal Requirements for Christian Schools||3 Credits|
|CED||607||Christian Schools: How to Get a School Going and Keep it Growing||3 Credits|
|CED||609||Secondary Principal's Survival Guide||3 Credits|
|CED||511||Team Leadership in Christian Minitry||3 Credits|
|CED||612||Writing Research Papers Across the Curriculum||3 Credits|
|One Elective |
(CED 513 Elementary Ed. -or- CED 610 Secondary Ed.)
|Total: 36 Credits|