Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Christian Thought & Theology
The Doctorate of Philosophy is the highest academic degree awarded by SFBC&TS A Ph.D. degree is normally a pre-requisite for a teaching career. With this in mind the Ph.D. in Christian Thought and Theology is designed to prepare students for a vocation in theological instruction at Christian scholarly service to the church.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of biblical and theological problems and their solutions.
- Contribute to the knowledge of the specific area concentration in theology
- Demonstrate competence in theological teaching and scholarship
- Have knowledge of essential tools and research methods of theological scholarship
- Develop skills in teaching
- Possess demonstrated academic gifts
- Committed to a Christian calling in a life of scholarly research and theological reflection, leading to teaching and publication
- Sixty credit hours of directed and independent studies that include documented research and reading of 20,000 pages (a minimum bibliography of fifty books).
- The dissertation must be typewritten, double spaced, and not less than 150 pages, covering a topic in the student’s field of study.